THE CROUCH END FESTIVAL 2016
Fri June 3rd –Sunday 12th.
How do I get involved?
From performers of every kind to market stalls, volunteers, venues and sponsors, everything you need to know is below.
EVENTS, SHOWS, PERFORMANCES, WORKSHOPS, ETC…
The Festival is the UK’s biggest community arts festival and run like the Edinburgh Festival. Last year we had over 200 performers and over 70 venues used.
Anyone can perform, set up an event or show, workshop, talk…
We don’t vet or audition anyone, except for a few key events we organise like the Live Band Day on Sun 7th.
- You decide WHAT you want to do. Anything goes, last year we had 15 different categories of creativity from art, film, photography, dance, drama, street entertainment to poetry, comedy, workshops and much more.
- Decide WHERE – find a venue (we will be publishing a list of possible ones soon). It can be a regular venue like the Earl Haig or the Town Hall, maybe a pub or coffee bar. Even something unusual like a barber’s shop, phone box or open air. Talk to the venue’s manager and once you have agreed a booking you can start planning ahead.
Now you‘ll need to register on the Festival website: www.crouchendfestival.org (there’s a small admin fee to cover our costs). NOTE – new website launches Monday March 30th.
- Plan HOW you are going to promote it. You need to go to the website and register (there’s a small fee) so we can list you on the Festival website and across the various channels we use to help promote events. But don’t just rely on us, you need to work as hard as us.
THINGS TO CONSIDER…
- Licenses: Remember to check if you need a performance license (called a TEN), most venues have some kind of performance license. If you do need a TEN you’ll need to apply to Haringey Council for one. http://www.haringey.gov.uk/business/licensing-and-regulations/licensing/z-licences/temporary-event-notice
- Ticketing: as a community arts festival we like to try and keep as many events free as possible. However, some do charge entrance fees (or ask for donations) to cover costs. We want it to be about the art not the money.
- Promotions: use social media, flyers/postcards, posters and the venue’s database. Don’t forget to list the event on online listing websites and in publications like Time Out. Besides general gig listings use specialist ones too. And if your event is unique or a first, you may want to consider a press release as well. We recommend you use a local printer like MomentoPrint on the Broadway (http://momentoprint.com).
THE BIG STAGE – SUNDAY 5th June 2016.
As we can only put on a limited number of bands/artists and we like to have a diverse range we have to select the acts we feel will make it a great day of live music.
To apply please submit you details to Sophie via this link.
This year we have three markets.
As we have limited space you’ll need to apply to Amanda & Chris C via our online forms.
The fee is £60, which includes a table, gazebo and a trading license. Bargain!
Saturday 4th June (also Schools Day) – craft
Sunday 5th June (also Live Band Day) – ‘A taste of…’ crafts and food
Saturday 11th June – craft
Planning something that isn’t exactly an event or performance, like a festival pie, festival beer or something fun.
Keep us informed. Please email Chris Arnold:
07778 05 66 86
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
(please put VOLUNTEER in the subject box)
Want to be listed? Contact us via email@example.com
(please put VENUE in the subject box)
We offer a wide range of ways you can support the festival from £75 to £5000.
Please contact Chris Arnold:
(please put CEF 2015 SPONSORSHIP in the subject box)
mobile: 07778 05 66 86
KEEP US INFORMED
Let us know if you are doing something we can use in press release, on our social media sites or stuff that is just interesting.
Please email Chris Arnold:
(please put CHECK THIS OUT in the subject box)
NOTE: The Crouch End Festival is a not-for-profit event and run by London Community Arts CIC, a not-for-profit company. Any profits are put back into the festival. All people working to make the festival happen are unpaid and volunteer their time.